Before After
My sister loves to browse in thrift stores and she often finds some real treasures.
She found this old secretary’s desk which was needing some tender loving care. She sanded and painted it and her husband put a light in the top.
They bought some glass shelves to allow the light to shine all the way down and now it looks brand new! Cute, isn’t it?
The total cost of the desk, paint, light, glass shelves, and dimmer switch for the light came in around $100. Not a bad price for a quality piece of furniture!
She also refinished this little cupboard. (No before picture, sorry.)
She put a nice stencil on the sides. This picture shows it in progress.
Don’t you wish she hired out?
BUT
She won’t be doing any projects for a few weeks, since she is recovering from foot surgery.
Hurry up and get well, Linda!
(I’m sure there are some great finds out there waiting for me you!)
JoAnn
5 comments:
What a beautiful job your sister did on the secretary. I am partial to red and would have done the same thing. What a clever lady to look at a piece like that, or the little cupboard, and see the potential.
Love the desk. Linda is a very talented person! I hope she gets better fast.
wow...those looks marvelous. She has some real talent there.
I love how she changed that desk to RED.
hope her foot surgery heels up soon. Gosh, with all the treasures out there waiting for her to find, she can't be laid up for to long...right?
Thanks for featuring my furniture. I still have a few plans for the inside of the upper secretary. It will be on hold for awhile though. Glad you all liked it.
Linda does beautiful work! The secretary was a wonderful find and I love the color she chose to refinish it. Hope she is feeling better!
Post a Comment