Monday, March 5, 2012

A few more changes….craft bedroom

image

We’ve done a bit of rearranging in our little guest/craft/spare bedroom.  We upgraded from a twin to a full size mattress.  An old metal bed that lived in the garage got a coat of paint to match the little table.  The room still needs a few final touches, but it is available for a guest. 

If you chose to visit you could:

1.  Read old Trixie Beldon or Nancy Drew  books.  (I know, pretty hard to resist.)

2.  Count the buttons in the jar.  (Or, match them to the colors on the bedspread.)

image

3.  Work on some of my unfinished craft projects.  (Knitting, anyone?)

4.  Recline in the chair and do absolutely nothing at all.

If those reasons don’t make you want to jump in your car and come for a visit, then remember that we live close to Trax, malls, movie theaters, sport arenas, and live entertainment (G rated-not what you were probably thinking!). 

Any takers?

JoAnn

 

9 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Matching buttons to the flower petals on the quilt was a fun game. Or at least Brooklyn enjoyed it. She still asks to play the button game. I do love how the room turned out. Very, very fun. But I think you probably prefer when we sleep at our own house. :)

Small House said...

OH MY....Adorable, lovely room. After may I need a little vacation.......
Cute, cute room. It's happy.

Pondside said...

It all sounds good. The buttons, counting - sounds like the sort of wonderfully mindless exercise from which I could benefit! Now the knitting - I'll be glad to finish up some of your projects as I sit in the chair.
I'll be right down!
PS I made the Funeral Potatoes from the family cookbook - yummy!

Auntie Linda said...

I love how the room turned out. So cheery. I may have to take you up on the offer.( No signs of actually going anywhere in the upcoming year. Now that's depressing.) Maybe a fun game with Bookie would cheer me up!

Marg said...

I see my name on that bed...I want to knit with you and just sit and talk.....

Lacey said...

Your room looks comfy and cozy, like something you'd find at a bed and breakfast. You could rent it out! :)

wendy said...

What a lovely room. I loved the Nancy Drew books. My dad would read them too me everynight before bed when I was a little girl.
(or maybe it's more the Memories I love of my dad reading to me??)

I love all the happy colors

Mimi Sue said...

That room is so cute! Especially love the quilt. Coming down from Davis County qualify me to stay? Mimi

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your guest room looks very pretty, JoAnn! I know your guest will feel very comfortable when they visit. I love guest rooms with books to read :)