Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day three…..continued

After a very long week of feeling awful, I can now say that I think there is hope for my survival.

(I’m imagining that somewhere in the world a weathered old cowboy is throwing his Stetson hat in the air and saying, “Yipee!”)

Today was much better.

(Maybe I won’t buy Kleenex tissue stock after all!)

We had a good day at school and are looking forward to a fun field trip tomorrow.  We get to go to the University of Utah’s Natural History Museum and the Red Butte Gardens.

And….

Tomorrow evening Maddie graduates from preschool.

*   *   *   *   *

When school is out I am looking forward to doing some more exploring of our city.  A few weeks ago I attended a musical concert down town.  My brother-in-law sang with a men’s choir in the old Tabernacle.  It was an amazing concert.

I found the new City Creek Shopping Center to be quite charming.

I didn’t get to see too much of it since it was dusk when I arrived and dark after the concert, but I was impressed with what I saw.

This bridge connects the two parts.

image

 

Ready for a carriage ride?

image

I love the fountains!

image

And the reflecting poolsimage

The lighting was so fun and festive.

image

image

image

I can’t wait to go back and explore some more!

image

The best part is that you can even take Trax right to the center of it all.

image

Well…

Thanks for the encouragement and well wishes.

It helps to know someone cares.

(Plus, it makes complaining so much more satisfying!)

JoAnn

 

6 comments:

julie said...

So glad you are starting to feel better! Just think, summer vacation...summer vacation...summer vacation!

Lacey said...

So glad you are feeling better for the last few days of school! That way you can actually breathe when you get to take that first official breath of summer freedom. :)

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I want to go to city creek with you next time! Your pictures are beautiful. I can't believe we haven't gone to see it yet. BUT I am so glad you are feeling better! 2 MORE DAYS! You're almost done!!!!

linda said...

Glad you got your voice back. I think we should plan to meet at City Creek one evening. It looks like a magical place at night. I have only been there during the day. Tomorrow we can celebrate! Yeah!

Pondside said...

I'm so sorry to read that you've been ill, but glad that you seem to be getting better! What a beautiful city!

Marg said...

Glad you are back on board. You must almost be finished.
I actually retired of the end of May. I will take off the entire summer and then work casually next fall...
I loved your city with hopes of coming back and visiting you also.