We are officially on “countdown” at school.
Every morning someone updates the number of days left- posted on the board in the faculty room.
We are at 21more days!
Students are getting restless.
Teachers are tired.
Testing is exhausting!
Where is summer?
To help us get through this time, our PTA hosted a wonderful luncheon today. We have a pretty small PTA, but they really out did themselves.
A large majority of our parents are Hispanic and since the parents furnish the luncheon, we get wonderful home made Mexican food.
There were lots of spicy meats and rice dishes to put on tortilla shells.
The yummy desserts included some Flan.
This picture of Flan came from Google, but it was similar to what we had.
(I didn’t have my camera there!)

Everything was delicious!
My cute students have been writing me notes and letters all week, too.
Their creative thoughts (and spelling) make me smile.
I’m keeping them out where I can see them to help me hang on a little longer.
Now.….if I can just keep the restless ones busy!
JoAnn
7 comments:
Oh how I don't miss the count down to summer...
I wonder if Maddie's being on year round will help take away that issue of summer fever?
Anyway, I guess I am kind of doing my own count down to summer. Only 21 days until my mommy is free to spend more time with us!
You're getting so close to summer freedom! How nice that you get to enjoy some great Mexican food along the way. :) Hang in there!
Happy Teacher Appreciation, you are an amazing teacher and I am excited that you are on the final countdown.
Do your schools stay closed for a long summer holiday? Our holidays are 2 months long, but this may be the last year for this. The province has recommended that the summer holiday be much shortened. I think it's a shame.
Hang in there - just 20 days left now!
You deserve to be more than appreciated. I remember being part of a group call, "Mom's who Care" and we would bake snacks for the teachers and meet weekly to pray for teachers and uphold them in there classrooms. It's a difficult job out there.
Hang in there.
Oh my, that flan has me drooling.
End of school year is always kind of an exciting time I think.
You deserve a great summer filled with lazy days of gardening ( for the fun of it) and picnics and good weather...sleeping in, a good book, Parade of Homes, holding babies, going to lunch, camping, sight seeing on the coast, working on the play house, and time to do absolutely nothing because you don't have a dead line. When you get to the absolutely nothing phase call me!
Post a Comment