Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life’s been a little busy…

image

image

 

image

Ever have one of those weeks when you pretty much run from thing to thing?

It seems like there isn’t time to clean up one mess before the next one starts.

New deadlines hit before the thing you are working on is out of the way.

Half finished projects get buried under new ones.

Yup.

That has been my week.

I feel a little like Lucy and Ethel did as they tried working at the chocolate factory.  Just as I think I’m getting things under control-the conveyer belt gets cranked up a notch and the new stuff comes flying at me faster and faster.

Do you remember how they started putting the chocolates under their hats, down the necks of their dresses, in their pockets, and in their mouths to keep them from falling off the end of the conveyer belt? 

That’s what I’ve been doing.

I have piles of papers tucked under my desk at school (and a cart full that I brought home to correct).

Unfolded laundry is hiding in the guest bedroom.

Things that need to be attended to are covered by new things that need my attention right now.

I know things will slow down a little, but this wild ride is getting more and more common.

IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR HECTIC-LIFE-SYNDROME?

 

image

I know I am my own worst enemy.

I can’t say “No”.

I’m slow and methodical.

I enjoy being involved.

I want to do all the things I’m doing.

Some things are out of my control (job requirements).

I guess I’ll just hang on and hope things settle back down a little.

In the meantime, there isn’t much to do but try and hold on and enjoy the ride.

Maybe I need to go find some sweet chocolates to keep in my pockets!

Have a great weekend!

JoAnn

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Those pictures make me giggle. :) and yes, life does seem to get crazier and crazier as time goes on. I don't feel like I'm ever going to get caught up. I just don't have the energy or strength!

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to learn how to say no. You can still help people and do the things you want. Just make sure to schedule in some time for yourself each day, because if you wear yourself out you won't be able to get anything done anyway!

Katie C.

wendy said...

I think your last comment pretty much is a great idea. Pop as many in your mouth as you can (tee,hee). I believe in life, at some point, people need to learn to say NO.....when they really need to.
Just take care of what you can, when you can....because isn't that pretty much what we all try to do.
Don't be hard on yourself. Feel good about the things you DO accomplish.
I'm not really all that good about handing out great advice about these kind of things actually.
Just buy lots of chocolates....the good kind.

Mimi Sue said...

I thought when I retired things would slow down. Hahahaha. I just filled up my time with different things. Wouldn't have it any other way. Mimi

Stacey said...

JoAnn, if you figure out the way to slow it all down please share with us. I'm not even teaching since we moved and I still feel very busy all the time. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!