Monday, April 29, 2013

Signs of Spring…finally

For some of us, spring couldn’t arrive quickly enough.

While I love the four seasons, I wish spring and fall were longer and winter and summer a bit shorter.

(Probably has to do with my two degree comfort zone my husband teases me about.)

Project1

I love the smells,

the colors,

the mild temperatures,

and the anticipation.

The work

-not so much.

image

This year we are trying  a new bean pole system, using string and pipe.  (It’s almost finished, but not quite.)

image

Our tomatoes got a late start-my neighbor has already picked some from her garden! 

There is so much to do to get all the beds cleaned up and ready for the season, but it is a nice feeling when things get finished (even though they don’t stay that way).

Too bad we’re not there yet!

How is your yard coming?

JoAnn

P.S.  Here is one more shot of spring flowers!

image

Check out some other spring links at The Little Red House!

6 comments:

Pondside said...

Wow - your neighbour is already picking tomatoes! We haven't even put ours into the ground yet. Last week it was only a couple of degrees above freezing. All this cool weather has been great for the tulips and daffodils which seem to be blooming for longer than normal.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I didn't know you were doing the bean pole thing. That's fun. I guess I too need to get our tomato plants in the ground... hmmm. If only we weren't so busy painting.

Rosella said...

Oh such beauty! Yes, we are "finally" getting some Spring weather here too but no where near putting tomato plants in the ground. Don't work too hard now and enjoy the warm weather!

wendy said...

Oh my, the spring flowers are gorgeous. We still had a SNOW storm yesterday. (kinda blowing pellets actually) and it has been so cold as of late, but it is SUPPOSED to warm up.
no yeard work yet

Marg said...

I love your yard....It's beautiful. My beds are cleaned up, some authors arriving for the weekend, and then next week, I will get into my vegetable garden. I love your flower collage..so bright and cheery.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

How lovely your Spring flowers are.. Our Spring has finally arrived.. Your collage is beautiful. Hugs Judy