Have a look at our pretty Black Eyed Susan flowers. They are blooming like crazy.
It’s a good thing you can’t see the grubs in the grass. Something has infested the lawn and big, ugly spots are still in the recovery stage. We’ve treated it, but the reversal process is slow.
The beans and tomato plants are thriving!
Remember how this looked back in April.
What you don’t see are all the cucumbers growing at the base of the beans. We’ve been eating cucumbers for breakfast, cucumbers for lunch, cucumbers for snacks, and cucumbers for dinner. We’ve given some away and we still have about eight more sitting on the kitchen counter. Our house has a permanent vinegar aroma from the ones we pickled (soaked in vinegar and salt).
My Mothers’ Day geranium shopping (I got a little carried away) has given a lot of color to the yard and the front of the house.
It’s a good thing they look pretty, because the inside of the house is “under construction”. With our son Robbie moving out we have boxes of his things in one room, another room is getting a new ceiling and flooring, and a bedroom is emptied,waiting to be painted. I’ve organized two storage bins full of music into categories so we can actually find what we have, too. Those files are waiting for the newly painted closet to “cure” before they can be put away. Add in a few school organizing projects and you can imagine the chaos in the house! Oh, and did I mention the smoky kitchen ceiling from our burned dinner today?
Be thankful you can’t see all this clutter!
This gorgeous sky cooled things down today. It was a pleasant change from the 100 degree plus weather we have been having.
You can’t see the rain that pelted parts of the valley. I’m still waiting for our neighborhood to get showered.
Andrew and Irene’s new home has a yard! Joshua and Olivia have a fun place to play.

You can’t see all the labor that has gone in to hauling rocks, moving sand, building rock walls, and planting trees!
Our oldest grand daughter, Maddie, started first grade this week. Last week she broke her arm and had to have surgery, so we were excited and grateful that she was even able to start school. Look how much she has grown up since kindergarten!
(kindergarten on left, first grade on the right)
What you can’t see is little Brooklyn peeking out of the blinds (in both pictures)!
Well, I hope you are enjoying your summer. Mine is flying by much too quickly! If you have a crazy desire to organize chaos or eat cucumbers, come on over!
♥
JoAnn
10 comments:
My walking friend, Anne, has been keeping me supplied with cucumbers and zucchini - so 'no thanks' to the cucumber. The chaos? I have plenty here, but if it calms and I miss it, I'll head your way!
JoAnn, I think you and I were leaving each other comments at the same time. :) I came back to tell you that you pop up as No Reply Blogger and it will block some of your comments. You can fix that in your settings.
Ah yes - the behind the scenes!!!! Sounds like your garden is bountiful and you are very busy with renovations as well. Here it's zucchini for three meals a day (smile). I can't believe that your school has already started - eek! Summer seems to go faster and faster each year.
I surely wish we could get some of these projects of ours accomplished! It's been exhausting lately... And I haven't yet decided if it's better that Madison has started school, or worse...
Try this link:
http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html
No Reply Blogger means that someone can't reply to you by email when they read your comments. I'm coming straight to your blog to leave you this message. I hope this helps. :)
Ha ha, I love that Brooklyn is peaking out of the blinds again. I sure love that silly girl..
Thanks but we have plenty of our own! We have grubs too. Our lawn looks terrible. We treat it too but nothing seems to be working. My husband says that in a few months it'll be covered in snow and look much better...Gee thanks. Mimi
I'm coming...I love cucumbers and I love peaking through windows to get a better view of your life. I don't think I have accomplished any major projects this summer besides looking after the boys. It's Summer Time!
How beautiful your flowers are! They are gorgeous. Your garden sounds like it is doing quite well.
Judy
School already! School begins here in two weeks or so. I'm sorry Madison broke her arm -- she has certainly grown in one year!
My oldest grandson missed the cut off date for age to begin Kindergarten this year, so he will wait till next year. I think it is good for boys to be among the oldest in class and more mature. It will be the same for my other grands.
Your garden is fabulous! I am determined to try planting some veggies next year.
Post a Comment