Saturday, November 16, 2013

Randomness

It’s Saturday morning and I should be cleaning my house.

I have “winterizing” things that need my attention, too.

Two holidays are on the horizon.

We’re getting ready for a little trip.

SO MUCH TO DO!

The problem is that I’m tired of opening my blog and seeing the same old post.

(It was a busy week.)

I don’t really have time to be creative and

there’s not much to say.

So here are some random things:

#1. Cute little Paul and I have become Face time buddies.  He looks so cute making faces, drooling (he’s teething), and cooing, while I look quite ridiculous doing it back (minus the drooling part).  Is there anything more flattering than having a camera six inches from your face?

We can’t wait to see him and his parents at Christmas time!

image

#image

2.  I received my first work related accident.  I was cleaning my classroom and straightening the reading books when I punctured my hand on some nail/staples that were on the back of the old shelf.  It ruptured a vein in my hand which quickly became swollen and bruised.  I had to make time for a tetanus shot and a LOT of paper work for the workman's comp health insurance.  (If this is any indication of the future of health care I am not going to be happy!)  I still have to fill out a form disclosing my last ten years of medical visits!  Who can even remember?  It would have been much more simple to use my own insurance. 

#3.  I had a great birthday!  I turned sixty-three this year and although I am officially a “senior citizen” I still feel pretty young.  (My husband may disagree since he sees me crawl home from work exhausted each day!)  I received a lot of love and attention from my friends and family and it was really nice to be remembered!

THANKS!

Look what Chili’s restaurant will give me for my birthday!

link

#4.  We had a fun birthday/early Thanksgiving dinner last Sunday.

Looks like we took the picture before we finished setting the silverware!

image

image

image

So while life is good, it isn’t very newsworthy.

I guess we should be grateful that is isn’t, since many people in the world do not have the privilege of simple daily blessings.

We are truly appreciative all of our blessings and hope you will all have a wonderful Thanksgiving season!

JoAnn

P.S.  Thanks to my husband for TWO bouquets of flowers-one for home and one for school!!

7 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I didn't know dad gave you two bouquets. Good for him. :) I sure wish we got to see Paul more.

Danellle said...

I love how nice you decorate for thanksgiving, it inspires me -Danelle

Mimi Sue said...

Happy Birthday! Your cute little Paul is adorable! Glad he's the only one doing the drooling. :) so sorry to hear about your sil. She's in a better place now. Mimi.

Irene said...

The flowers at your house were beautiful. That was very thoughtful of him to send you some at work too.

Irene said...

The flowers at your house were beautiful. That was very thoughtful of him to send you some at work too.

The Gathering Place said...

Thanks!

Marg said...

Ah...take some down time...you deserve it...I feel the same sometime that I have nothing worthy to write about...but there's something special about seeing what others' are also going through.
Happy Birthday...63 um...can you retire in 2 more years?
Take care of your hand and I hope you can take some time off work. I'm sure you have never used insurance before. I worked at our local university for 10 years and had two sick days....I think I was crazy now...when I see everyone taking sick days for what?