“Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning
but a going on,
with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.
Cheers to a new year
and another chance for us to get it right.”
— Oprah Winfrey

We opted for a quiet evening tonight:
Chinese take out
Puzzle
“While You Were Sleeping” movie on DVD
I’m hoping we are awake to ring in the new year with our pots and pans, but I won’t promise!
Happy New Year!
JoAnn
P.S. Are we the only family that uses old painted boards for 1,000 piece puzzles?
6 comments:
I hope you could make it to midnight. All 4 of our kids did. :) I'm already dreading the day ahead of us.
And about those puzzle boards. I loved those boards. Do you still have the one that has Liz and Ashley best friends forever written all over it?
Happy New Year to you too! We should have some old paint boards for our puzzles, instead of having them all over the dining room table and then have to move it all the time - ha! All the best to you and yours in 2014.
I have a piece of foam core board onto which I've glued strips along the sides to keep puzzle pieces from sliding off if the puzzle needs to be moved, and three old trays on which I sort pieces by color...
I haven't worked on a puzzle for a long time, but you've got me all fired up again, and I'll have to dig one out. xoxox
Happy 2014!
My husband and I stayed at home and welcomed the new year for the first time in Mountain time! The advantage of that was calling all our NY relatives two hours earlier to wish them a happy new year, so we did not have to stay up too much after midnight our time :)
I haven't done a 1,000 piece puzzle in a long time --- yourslooks like a good one!
My kind of New Year's Eve! We are serving as Guest Service Missionaries at Temple Square (I've probably told you that before) and we were assigned to work that night. Kind of fun to do something that we wouldn't ordinarily do. Hope you have a happy and healthy 2014! Mimi
We love to do puzzles to JoAnn and do them on a card table in the dining room.
I thought you'd like to know that your family cookbook came out again and I made the scalloped potatoes with the cheese sauce - yummy!
Post a Comment