Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cold, wet, and a lot of fun!

 

January can be a miserable time of year if you hate frigid weather, endless snow, and slipping on ice.

It can mean foggy glasses, red noses, and cold, soggy feet.

It can be dangerous and hard to travel (especially during a winter blizzard).

Who likes canceled flights?

Sidewalks and driveways have to be shoveled (and shoveled).

“Bah Humbug!”

But,

on the other hand…

Winter can be a fun wonderland with the potential for fond memories down the road.

It can be filled with laughter and thrills (and hot cocoa).

It can be the best of times!

I “borrowed” some photos from our kids that capture some fun during this sometimes misjudged  month. (Thanks Liz and Irene!)

Bet these pictures bring back some amazing memories of your own.

cropped blog3

5girls8girls6girls10

girls11

girls2

girls26girls1girls29girls28jo7jo8jo9

 

How long has it been since you played in the snow?

JoAnn

P.S.  Anyone know where I can find some cheap winter boots, a hat, thick gloves, and some extra large snow pants?

7 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

It is good to remember that winter can be fun! And I LOVE the true joy in the kids faces.

Mimi Sue said...

Your grandkids are adorable. And that snowman is a work of art! Mimi

White Lace and Promises said...

Looks like the kiddos are having a blast! What fun! I sure hope to play in the snow with my little ones one day. I have a 2 year old and one on the way.

Irene said...

Yay for playing in the snow!

Pondside said...

I get pictures like that from our kids in Edmonton, where there is a snow drift that goes right up to the second floor windows. It's been quite a few years since I played in the snow, but I don't think making angels and sliding down a hill ever completely leaves one's memory - I could do it all again.
Sorry - can't help with the snow gear. I got rid of it all in favour of rain gear when we moved to the coast.

Art and Sand said...

I live in a warm place for a reason - don't like the cold.

But, I do like to ski and so I am hoping for snow and lots of it in Utah this week. We have not skied for 2 seasons due to little snow in 2012 and my husband's shoulder replacement in 2013. But, on Saturday we will be on the slopes playing in the snow. And, I will have an excuse to drink hot chocolate.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Every time I see children sledding I wish I could do the same! I remember how much fun it was to do it when I was a child :)