Tuesday, January 7, 2014

No news is good news…..

Life is back to normal at our house.

We are back at work (only two days back and my desk is already buried under loads of papers and things to correct and file) and the holiday celebrating is officially over.

As I have been taking down Christmas decorations, I’ve been cleaning and organizing cupboards, closets, and drawers.

I even painted the inside of a closet!

Our kids gave us one of those wall hanging things for brooms and other objects and it just seemed to require a freshly painted, clean wall to be installed on.

We are doing a little face lift in our master bedroom, too.

I do have a cute new chair!

The trouble is, none of this is very interesting to read about and I don’t have any pictures to show for my efforts.

I’m not sure anyone would really care to see the insides of our cupboards anyway! 

I like seeing before and after pictures of other people’s homes, but somehow my before and after pictures don’t look all that exciting.  Maybe our pre-existing conditions are too embarrassing.

Who knows?

So, while life is busy, it is just ordinary.

Boring, dull, common place.

Average.

No one can accuse us of setting the world on fire.

The phrase, “Background people” comes to mind.

I’m not complaining, though.

We find a great deal of pleasure in our quiet lives.

We love spending time with our friends and family.

So, to keep you from feeling  sorry for me, I thought I’d end with a photo that makes me happy.

This is Paul and his friends!

photo 1

Isn’t he cute!

I love being a grandma to some wonderful children!

I guess I do have some good news to share!

JoAnn

P.S.  Maybe I should be like Ann Shirley and change the spelling of my name to include an “e” for more excitement.

 

8 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Ordinary days are good days, JoAnn!
I think everyone begins the new year with plans to declutter and reorganize, and you've already begun to do that--good for you! I have a large stack of old magazines to do through and then recycle. I cut our articles and recipes I want to try, file them away, and then forget about them..lol!

Your grandson Paul is a charmer --what a wonderful smile he has!

Pondside said...

That little sweetie sure doesn't fade into the background!
This is an interesting post JoAnn. My first thought was 'I'd like to see a picture of the chair'. As I read on I found myself shaking my head 'no' to what you wrote. I like to read about your everyday life. I appreciate your love for family and willingness to share it. I enjoy learning a little bit about your work, your travels and your beautiful family. Background people? I'd say that you are real, large-as-life people with a big, rich life. Give me a post about hanging a new broom holder any day - it grabs me more than ten posts about painting yet another French-style sideboard.
As for the Ann-with-no-e......the absence of 'e' is distinctive, no matter what Ann Shirley thought!! :)

Pondside said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pondside said...

For some reason, the comment published twice, so I deleted the second one - then thought that I meant to tell you that I loved the post title.

Stacey said...

Paul is precious! Love that smile. :)

You are busy busy!! I'm impressed that you went back to school but kept up with the home projects. That's hard.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Your cupboards look great! I think they are picture worthy. And your bedroom redo is looking pretty good too. You've also motivated me to get organizing too.

Mimi Sue said...

I think mostly it's a good thing to move in our happy little rut and then pop out every now and then to do something a little more exciting. Hope you have a happy and healthy 2014! Mimi with an e!

Irene said...

I think your reorganizing is worth a picture too. And that picture of Paul, oh so precious!