My husband hates to start new projects at our house because it often opens up a “can of worms” for him, with no stopping point. It seems like when one thing gets fixed or improved, other things scream out for attention, too.
The latest time started at Christmas.
While many of you get personal items like books, jewelry, or clothing for Christmas, my husband surprised me on Christmas morning with new bi-fold closet doors under the tree.
(Don’t feel sorry for me, I’m fine with this system. It seems that the budget will only go so far and I had been wishing for a change.)
Our old doors were less than attractive.
Here is a little sampling of what my husband goes through EVERY time he tries to do a home improvement project.
Wouldn’t it be nice to add some board and batten to the wall while things are torn apart?
Might as well change out that awful paint color, too.
(New paint: Benjamin Moore Pelican Gray)
Do you think you can make the night stands a little taller?
The room is almost finished!
The Christmas gifted closet doors are in place. Check.
Love the board and batten wall and the new paint. Check.
Maybe we need a chair to finish off the room?
Check.
A little family added to the wall.
Check.
The chair corner still needs some wall art, but we are almost finished.
Don’t you think I got a lovely Christmas present?
Thanks, Ken!
I LOVE IT!
13 comments:
I happen to think we got the best Dad around. He is so incredibly talented. How could we just let talent like that go to waste? And the fact that he can pretty much create anything we can think up doesn't help his case any. :) I absolutely love how your room is coming together. Now if only I had a chair for my bedroom redo...
Oh my goodness, your room is beautiful! The board and batten along with the paint color is just so pretty. Love your bedding and your pictures. Doors are a great idea for Christmas especially when you've been married a long time. Priorities change, don't they? We gave each other stereo speakers for Christmas. :)
What a great looking room! I love it!
That looks so great! Love the color. I might use that in my house. Let's see the other wall.
Absolutely love your color choice and the bedding! Such a great way to pull it all together!
Oh my goodness - what a wonderful Christmas present........and it's all done so quickly! You are a lucky woman, indeed.
WOW! What a pretty transformation! I like the new bi fold closet doors, and the the board and batten really dress up your bedroom Your husband is a keeper, JoAnn.
You inspire me, I love all your ideas, you are amazing
This looks fabulous!!! It's so satisfying to do things like this "while you're at it"!!! I love the paint colour and we have been thinking of a greyish colour for our bedroom as well. I'll have to check out that one for sure.
I love it...those are the practical gifts that make you feel like another task has been completed. He sure is a handi man. Your room looks so beautiful.
My project of hooking up a modern round system to our living room was started on Boxing Day...and the wires are still all hanging all over the place. I will just patiently wait. Maybe if I posted about it...it may tweak his memory???
I love how everything is coming together, and can't wait to see the Monet. Ken's handiwork sure is in high demand these days. We are so lucky to have him.
I am a little slow ,but I wanted to tell hou how much I love- love the room! Glad I got to see it the other day!
Post a Comment