Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winter Olympics - Utah style…

The Sochi Winter Olympics started today.

Pretty exciting!

It was so fun to watch and be a part of the Olympics when they were held here in Utah in 2002, especially getting to mingle with crowds of people from all over the world. 
We didn’t attend any of the actual events, but we walked from one end of the city to the other, (multiple times) enjoying the street entertainment, the little shops, the food booths, and the blending of languages and cultures as thousands of people mingled together.
The streets downtown were closed to traffic and the city took on a magical atmosphere.  Murals decorated the tall buildings, everything was lit up with banners and lights, and stages were set up everywhere.  It was amazing.

Unfortunately, we weren’t invited to the Sochi Olympics.

(Translation:  We couldn’t afford to go there.)

In the spirit of the Olympics, my husband decided to have a little fun with our photo program today. 

Looks like Brooklyn is going for the gold.

What do you think?

image

Looks like she was pleased with her slide!

image

Let’s hope the Sochi games are a success!

JoAnn

P.S.  I couldn’t fine the link to the ski jump picture.  I’ll try and find it.  Sorry.

4 comments:

Irene said...

Ha, ha, I'm glad someone has been having fun playing with photo shop. It made me smile, but who wouldn't smile at that cute girl?

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I think Dad is one talented (and funny) guy. That picture still makes me laugh. And I am so excited about the Olympics.

Rosella said...

What a great picture - love this! We are having trouble with our TV reception and I'm afraid we'll miss watching these great games this time - ugh! Everything is frozen up out here in the "boonies". Keep the Utah style pictures coming :).

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I hope Denver, Colorado, or one of the mountain resort towns, has the opportunity to host the Olympics one day! It must be so exciting to be part of it!

Your granddaughter looks like a natural sled champion and future Olympian! :)