Saturday, March 1, 2014

A fun cultural date…

I was invited to attend a Latino Festival last night, to watch one of my cute students dance on the program.

My husband and I decided to make a date out of the evening, and headed downtown with eager expectations.

Don’t you just love that end-of-the-work-week-do-something-fun feeling?

It was a cloudy, but beautiful evening.

image

We jumped on the freeway and headed North.

image

 

Recent moisture had left the foothills covered with a light dusting of snow, and the late afternoon sun seemed to showcase its beauty.

image

 

We headed for the Salt Palace Convention Center, and were lucky enough to find a parking spot right across the street.

This little alley looked fun to explore another time.

image

Did you know that the convention center covers two city blocks?

We had to do a bit of walking before we got to the right part of the building, but at least it was warm inside.

Doesn’t she look beautiful in her traditional white dress?

(Sorry, I had to blur her face for her privacy.)

image

The program was lively and colorful, with dancing and singing.

image

image

I fell in love with this outfit, too. 

image

It was such an enjoyable evening.

We finished up the night at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, Su Casa.

I felt honored to be invited to share in a program showcasing her talent, and to learn more of her family’s culture!

Hope you get to do something relaxing and rejuvenating this weekend, too.

JoAnn

P.S. Happy Birthday, Katie!

 

image

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Looks like a fun date night to me! Those dresses are beautiful.

Stacey said...

That looks like a fun night to me!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy birthday to Katie!

I saw a wonderful Mexican folkloric dance program like this once on a trip to San Antonio, Texas. The costumes are so beautiful!

It's nice to go on a date night, isn't it? Your foothills are gorgeous!

Mimi Sue said...

How fun! The mister and I love to 'get out of our rut" at least once a week. Just do something completely different. Your activity would qualify! Mimi

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Just wanted to say I love you mom!