Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful-but busy!

 

image

With Thanksgiving Day happening tomorrow, I’m sure everyone is busily working to get all the preparations ready.

We aren’t hosting this year, but we will be helping cook, having company, and hosting some upcoming holiday parties, so there is still a lot to do.

I have the day off from school (Yeah!) and want to get as much done as I can, but my “To-do” list keeps getting longer and longer.

(I think it is the effects of PROCRASTINATION!)

Why is it that we always want the house to be perfect at a time when we are the busiest?

And why do we not notice all those messy nooks and corners before a big event?

I KNOW, THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT ALL!

image

imageThese thankful pilgrims don’t realize it, but the Christmas decoration boxes are already being carried in to the room as I type this.  I’m not sure they won’t even  be replaced before their big day arrives.

Want to see one project that did get finished today?

imageimage

Huge improvement, even if I do say so myself!

(Thanks, Ken!)

I had enough fabric left over to recover two pillows for my sofa, too. 

Well, my break is over. It’s time to get back to work.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

We have many blessings to be grateful for!

JoAnn

 

6 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

The stools look so much better! I like them a lot. Sorry I wasn't there to actually do the work for you. But I guess I did provide the staple gun. Speaking of which. Don't let Dad take over my staple gun before I get it back!!!

Stacey said...

JoAnn, I hope you've had a wonderful day. Now don't work too hard with your little bit of time off.

Love the decorations and the bar stools are wonderful!

Rosella said...

It's crazy how busy things get! I hear you loud and clear. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are able to breath and relax this weekend!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It has been a busy time and, as we all know ,the Christmas season is always filled with much to do! It is happy times, however, so being busy is good!

Your counter stool makeover came out beautiful! That is a pretty fabric.

Thanks so much for your congratulations--the boys are hoping for a sister!

Marg said...

I'm glad you did not have to do the hosting this year. It must be a pleasant break. While you have thanksgiving we celebrate the advent season...and I put up all my decor this past weekend, even the tree...now I'm trying not to procrastinate and prepare a few of the favorite baking items, so I don't always feel so far behind.
Keep chugging along...we'll get through this season together.

White Lace and Promises said...

Thanks for dropping by White Lace and Promises. I love your stool. You did good! Fun! Fun!