Saturday, November 22, 2014

The comfort of a rainbow

 

It has been a rough week for our daughter Liz’s family.

 

Sweet Aubrey has been in the hospital having some tests, baby Zachary got the stomach flu, and the girls were very homesick for their mother, who stayed at the hospital with Aubrey.

Sometimes we get hammered with bad things all at the same time and life can look pretty dreary (sort of like it does right now with a storm due to arrive later today).

Fortunately, things have a way of healing, and nothing reminds us of that more than a beautiful rainbow after a storm.

I took the following photos when we were in Palmyra, New York recently, and thought they might work out with this post.

Don’t you often marvel at the beauty and comfort of nature?

image

image

 

image

image

image

Look at that smile on Aubrey’s face as she is reunited with her sisters!

(Photo from Liz)

“Today’s  trial

is  tomorrow’s  testimony!”

(unknown source)

Have a great weekend!

JoAnn

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

It has been a tough week! I'm grateful for all our amazing family and friends who have done so much to help us out this week. And your pictures are quite appropriate.

Stacey said...

Your photos are amazing!! Yes, a rainbow is one of the best reminders of God's presence. I bet even the cows notice. :)

I hope your grandbabies are better soon.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh! I hope Aubrey is ok!? There is nothing worse than a sick child. She does look happy to be with her sisters again!

The rainbow is magnificent! We saw one recently like this in New Mexico, which I never had a chance to share as yet. A rainbow is so uplifting to see!

Marg said...

What a positive post...I can only imagine the struggles at times that Liz has in her life...and how blessed she is to have a mother like you who is always willing to give back. Yes, there is comfort in rainbows and I've learned about those comforts over my past years.