Sunday, December 28, 2014

First Annual Christmas Pageant…the unconventional version

DSC02459

This year we attempted our very first Christmas pageant with our grandchildren.  (We used to have our Christmas puppets when our children were younger.)

It was a bit rough and unconventional, but we wanted to rekindle the tradition with the next generation.

Our animals included a cow and a zebra.  That’s all.  Yes, there probably weren’t any zebras in Bethlehem, but we had the costume and not a lot of time to create new ones.

We only had one shepherd-and he kept climbing in the manger on top of the baby.

Joseph was frustrated that the animals wouldn’t cooperate and he realized midway through that we didn’t have any wise men.

Our angel was so eager to appear that she peeked out throughout the entire production.  When she did appear, I kept expecting her to yell out “Shazam!”

Mary tried really hard to defend and protect baby Jesus (who did an excellent part lying in the manger).

The paparazzi (whom we love for the pictures they get that capture memories) popped in and out throughout the show, too.

Our stage hand, Irene, had to keep plugging the chords back in for the video which we had playing in the background.

The Christmas Story "Birth of Jesus Christ" Silent Night Music by LDS David Archuleta

Click here if you want to see our unconventional version of the Christmas story.

Merry Christmas!

JoAnn

 

8 comments:

Stacey said...

What a neat idea!

White Lace and Promises said...

Oh my goodness! This is just precious! What a great tradition to begin! I really want to do this next year.

Irene said...

I love how you worded this. It was fun and entertaining with all it's uniqueness.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love this!
Jen

Debby Ray said...

What fun and such a great idea! I hope you have a wonderful 2015!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This was so adorable! The older grandchildren really took their roles to heart--the younger ones were too cute!

Happy and healthy New Year!

Pondside said...

That was so sweet JoAnn. I wish you and your family a very good 2015. I'm sorry to have missed saying Meeey Christmas. We've had a hard one this year but we are all together and that is what matters!

Canadian Chickadee said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful and the perfect Christmas pageant! What wonderful memories you made. xoxoxo