Thursday, March 26, 2015

An Eggshell Crackle Spring time-fantasy and reality

Just playing around with the filters on our photo editing program.

(Eggshell Crackle-Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9)

This shot from the back yard of the house I grew up in makes me a little nostalgic and eager for a trip home (Soon!).

I love how the world on the farm starts to come alive again after winter’s hibernation.

image

The reality is that often the crops are slow getting planted due to spring’s snow melt, rain showers, and soggy fields.  Farmers probably get a few gray hairs worrying how soon they can get their crops started.

image

I love the old remaining sheds and structures left on the farm from the early days when my dad was growing up. 

image

Unfortunately, this old grain shed (I wanted to say grainery, but spell check didn’t think it was a word) is now empty and in need of some tender loving care.

image

This old milk cow could be a cousin to the cute California talking cows who want you to be happy and eat their tasty cheeses and yogurts.

image

 

The reality is that she is is sometimes associated with unpleasant farm smells, often attracts flies, and requires twice daily attention from the milking machines.

 

image

The beautiful Cache Valley mountains are especially scenic this time of year against the pretty green grasses.

image

In reality, they are quite spectacular and beautiful all year long!

image

So you see, I’m kind of a country girl at heart,

I just  don’t get to live there like I used to.

JoAnn

P.S.  Does anybody think I should switch the fantasy cow with the reality one?  The filter almost makes it look like the flies have arrived.

4 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The eggshell crackle makes the photo look like an oil painting! Very unusual effect! I like the views form your father's farm!

I grew up a city girl, but I also love the country, as my maternal grandmother lived on a small farm in Pennsylvania and we visited her often. I learned to milk a cow and feed chickens' etc. I have a fond memory of sitting on the back porch and braiding harvested onions to hang in her root cellar.

Irene said...

I love this filter! Those are fabulous pictures.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love the country... and I never really did "live" in the country. But I always wanted to. I loved going to Aunt Mardene's house every summer and spending many hours out on the farm. I sometimes wish my kids could have those experiences too. Many of my most cherished memories from my childhood are from those days out on the farm. I'm excited to head up there this weekend for Easter.

Pondside said...

I like that effect!
You photos of your childhood home area are lovely, crackled or plain!....and I do like that cow!