I’ve been working hard getting my classroom all ready for a new school year.
I’ve cleaned.
I’ve purged.
I’ve decorated.
I’ve planned.
I’ve filled grocery carts to overflowing with Elmer’s glue, markers, notebooks, erasers, tissues, Band-Aids, and other office supplies.
(Those sales are sure appreciated!)
I can honestly say I’m more prepared than I ever have been in eighteen years of getting ready for a new class.
Yes, I have spent the last few weeks of my summer vacation working at school, but I’m hoping it will help me stay organized.
As I look forward to getting acquainted with my new class, I hope to find something special in each student, to be an inspiration for good in their lives. I pray that I can be patient and kind.
(Sometimes that is not easy.)
* * *
It seems like a good time to show some appreciation for all the good things that bless my life.
I love my family!
This country is a wonderful place to live.
My faith in God is a calming force in a crazy, scary world.
I’ve been blessed with wonderful friends.
I’m grateful for my health (especially after a frightful call back on a mammogram-thankfully, no problem!)
I’m excited for my grand kiddos who are excited to go to school and hope they get teachers who will help them blossom and will teach them to love learning.
I’m grateful for technology that allows me to see and hear sweet Naomi (above) even though she is far away (and her whole family).
I’m really thankful that life’s little bumps are just inconveniences that don’t really matter in the long run.
I feel very blessed!
What are you most thankful for?
JoAnn

3 comments:
This is wonderful, JoAnn! I hope every child is fortunate enough to have a teacher like you that cares so much for her students. I have many teachers in my family and I know how hard a job it can be at times, but also how rewarding it is to be an inspiration for a child.
I think the thing I am most grateful for is having fairly good health. A few of my friends are battling cancer right now. One is stage 4, and not expected to survive. She has strong faith which is her strength and she is at peace with it. I really admire her.
This is beautiful JoAnn. Such lucky students to have a teacher like you.
I am grateful for the opportunities that await me now that I am retired. I loved my job but it has been so freeing to be able to be at home and to appreciate my surroundings a bit more. Also, so I can be available to help where needed.
Summer always comes to an end much too quickly. I'm sad we've already lost you to school. But the kids being excited does help.
Post a Comment