Sorry about the cheesy title (I couldn’t resist).
I’m very tired tonight.
Sometimes, when I get too tired I end up being quite goofy.
My best humor often comes after 11:00 p.m.
I can be really, really funny.
Do you believe me?
Or…
Maybe it’s just that when I’m overly tired I find everything funny.
Who knows?
At any rate, I’m even struggling to come up with simple words to write this post and wish I could tap in to some humor right now.
I miss Johnny Carson.
He could make you laugh out loud (the snorting, laugh till you cry kind of laugh). Does anyone remember the Potato Chip Lady? (Google it some time when you need a good chuckle.)
Jimmy Fallon also knows how to be funny.
He is an expert at picking just the right words, facial expressions, and body language to make every day situations humorous.
Which brings me to the mums.
(Mums the word, remember?)
Aren’t they one of the most lovely flowers?
I love how they wait all summer before they bloom. They kind of show up when other flowers are losing steam and fading away. They are like the hoped for hero who comes at the very last minute to save the day; brave souls who welcome a little challenge and even flourish with the cooler weather.
A true “late bloomer” kind of beauty.
It’s a good thing we have a long weekend coming up.
Hopefully, I’ll get some rest (and stress relief) and
a have a chance for enjoying some fall color.
I just love fall mums!
JoAnn
P.S. Praying for some good news about little Aubrey, who is recovering from tonsil surgery and just ended up back in the hospital.
P.P.S. Why do schools use crazy activities (crazy socks, wild hair, backward clothing) to reinforce “saying no to drugs”? It makes for a long day for teachers!
4 comments:
I hope your little Aubrey is doing well now! It is so worrisome when grandchildren are ill.
I also love mums! Their colors are so pretty. I used to decorate ny front steps with small pumpkins and mums when I lived in NY, but I can't do that here as the deer would eat them both. I can't plant them for that reason, either. Because its been very dry here lately the deer are coming down form the hills to eat everything in our gardens. I feel sorry for them.WE could use some rain soon.
Aww - your mums are so pretty! I love them too and can't resist buying them this time of year.
Hope your wee Aubrey is O.K. and that you had a restful weekend.
I sure love you mom! Thanks for the laugh.
I sure can't get enough of flowers and I would so enjoy having your flower next door to me so I could look at them all day..Great shots.
Hugs
Post a Comment