Now that 2016 is well under way, I thought I’d
better hurry up and share some memories of Christmas 2015.
(I always seem to be running after the bus, so to
speak.)
The season started out with some great helpers
decorating our house and tree. Our children and the grands always do so much of
the decorating for us. Yes, we are spoiled!
We tried to simplify things this year, and yet we still had a lot
of things we couldn’t do without.
There were parties....
Our ward party at our church had individual people hosting a table- being responsible for the dishes, centerpieces, and decorations. There were all kinds of looks, but it all made for a festive atmosphere.
This was our table and we enjoyed hosting some dear old friends.
We also hosted several family parties at our home. My side of the family had over fifty people. We had tables everywhere! (Paper plates this time!)
And of course some delicious food! The dessert table made for some hard decisions! Some people started cutting things in small bites to allow for tasting everything.
My husband's family party was equally fun and almost as large.
Some of the kids escaped to the basement for some Nintendo time.
To be continued.....
7 comments:
It was a crazy couple of weeks there for awhile. But it sure was fun. Thanks for hosting all the parties so we could enjoy spending time with all the cousins.
Happy New Year!!
Looks amazing. I love the "hosted table" party idea!
Wow! What awesome BIG family time. I'm envious of that. I miss that in my life. Growing up my mom had 8 siblings and an average of 4 children each. With grandchildren and great grands we were abundant. We counted at 63 members when my granny passed. Those days are gone and family for us is not the same since my parents passed. I long for that, but I do enjoy my little family of two children, spouses and 3 grands. That's GRAND for me!
I really like the idea of your church party and each family hosting and decorating a table. This is an idea I may take to our church.
Your family Christmas looks wonderful. Paper plates are the only way to go when there are more than 20 people! I can only imagine the happy pandemonium with 50!
It looks like a fabulous time was had by all! I agree with everyone else about the "hosted table" party--wonderful idea!
It looks like you had a very happy and festive Christmas season, JoAnn! I can't imagine hosting 50 people at my house for dinner--I complain now that my dining room is too small for our family gatherings, and it is only my children and grandchildren and a couple neighbors.
Post a Comment