(The 9 cutest kids on the planet!)
I have officially been a retired senior citizen for two weeks now.
Life hasn’t slowed down a bit!
We had some good family time on Memorial Day weekend, with some of our extended family and with our children and grandchildren.
We like to remember our family members who have passed on by taking flowers to their graves and then by having a picnic or gathering to celebrate our family legacy.
It’s kind of nice to think they are aware of us, too, as our little ones who don’t know or remember them climb on their headstones, despite our efforts to stop them. (I hope they would understand!)
We attended a preschool graduation, a kindergarten graduation, a soccer game, and a birthday party for some of our little grands. We love being a part of their lives.
My life was interrupted in a big way when my cell phone disappeared. I must have dropped it somewhere and someone found it and took it to Motel 6. We never did find it, so I have been out of touch with the world, literally!
I spent a very hectic week preparing for our church girls’ camp. We worked on schedules, handouts, skits, devotionals, and then we went shopping. Six hours spent buying food and other supplies to keep around fifteen people happy for four days was anything but restful.
It was a fun camp, despite heat, sun burn, lack of sleep, hiking, a blown over tent (in the middle of the night), and lots of work putting up and taking down tents and other equipment.
(Isn’t recent retiree and girls’ camp leader an odd mix?)
We taught the girls first aid and other life skills as we worked together during the week. The girls got to zip line, learn archery, and do crafts. Our camp director was amazing!
I don’t have many photos (no phone camera), but it was a beautiful place. Mother Nature never disappoints.
Today, I am officially starting my summer vacation/retirement- if you don’t count doing a week’s worth of mountain-dirty laundry!
Have a relaxing and fun week!
JoAnn
P.S. The movie, “Once I Was a Beehive”, gives a pretty realistic view of what a girls’ camp is like. Check out this link for more information.
3 comments:
Well, this sounds much like our time at Disney World last week with our kids and Grans. It was so draining and memory making at the same time. Hope you can settle down a little now and enjoy retirement. Happy new week!
Congratulations on your retirement. I will join you in that happy state on April 1st 2018. I love my work but I am lookong forward to doing other things!
Oh boy, that sounds like a very busy way to start your retirement! That picture of your sweet grandchildren with the Clegg headstone is so precious. I love how your family remembers the loved ones that have gone ahead. Congratulations on your retirement and here's hoping things will slow down just a bit for you. Enjoy!!!!
Post a Comment