Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Beautiful Utah....a day in the mountains


Today my sister Linda, my son Robbie, and I drove up American Fork Canyon,
scouting out camp grounds for a future family outing.
While the mouth of the canyon is less than an hour away, what a different world it is as you
climb up the hills and leave the noise and city heat behind.

We drove through aspens and pines....

Past little water falls beside the road....

The yellow wild flowers were so pretty...

The rugged mountain peaks were amazing...

This mountain lake (a man made reservoir) had people boating and swimming...
This deer was wandering through the camp ground.


We have so many different canyons close by and they are all beautiful.




These wild poppies were in a different canyon, north of Salt Lake.
Linda took these two pictures up by Huntsville.
Don't you agree that Utah is a beautiful state?

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Utah is a beautiful state, and it looks like you guys found some great future family time sites! Fun stuff!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love Utah and I love the mountains. I don't think I could live somewhere they don't have mountains.

Amber said...

I totally agree! Those are some beautiful pictures! Hope you have a great camping trip.