Monday, July 27, 2009

Salzburg, Austria......what a place!

The other day as I was drooling over some delicious recipes on Mennonite girls can cook, I clicked on a link to Home Again and discovered a post about Salzburg, Austria.
I LOVE Salzburg, Austria!
(I spent a semester there while I was in college.)
Marg, the blogger, had written a great post about the city. Check it out.

I went through some of my old "slides" I'd taken there and had quite a good laugh.
I guess every tourist has to experience some adventures from
The Sound of Music.
Are you ready for a good laugh?
(The hair-do's alone are bad enough!)

Sitting in front of the Hohensalzbug Fortress.


"The hills are alive......" (Yes, I am dancing down the hill!)


We all bought dirndles to wear. Pretty fetching, right?And...
.
Proof that we walked, and walked, and walked.
Salzburg is a city that must be explored on foot or on bicycle.

What a great place! (Sigh....)

If you need me tonight I'll be busy.
I'll be watching Julie Andrews and dreaming.


10 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I have always loved those pictures of you. I think you look so cute! It sure is beautiful there too!

Small House said...

Oh, cute! What a wonderful experience. The pictures of you were great!
Sandra

Katie said...

How gorgeous!!! What a beautiful place! I may need to add Austria to my places-to-visit list!

Love the pics of you :-)

Michelle said...

I'm jealous. I wish I could have done a semester in Austria. I did my schooling in "exotic" Cedar City instead. That was a once in a lifetime experience for you.

linda said...

I could have spent much more time there! Maybe that is where we should go for a sister retreat haha. I loved the sock picture but I'm wondering how you managed that one..the holes are not on the heel. Just giving you a bad time!I also love the pictures.

Beth at Aunties said...

What wonderful pictures and an a great experience!

I would love to share our bounty of irises this fall with you!
:-)

Anonymous said...

I love Austria! (Well the one day I had there was great) I wish I could have spent more time. I am so jealous you got to do a semester abroad. Let's plan a European vacation.

Katie C.

Amber said...

Oh I love those pictures! I bet your husband loves them too, that cute outfit and all. I love the the picture of you dancing down the hill kicking you feet up. Fun!

Marg said...

Hi Joanne
How fun...What a delightful blog.
I'm glad we met each other. I notice many common things. I can imagine how much you enjoyed pulling your slides together. It's such an exciting place to be...
By all means I am delighted that you added me to your list and I would love to do the same.
I'm a walker also and fitness, well the best I can at my age. My younger daughter keeps me well organized for my fitness program.
My calves are so sore right now that I can hardly walk. She made me do the steps (117 x3) Ouch!

Marg said...

Did you by any chance check out the Sound of Music that I posted a few days later? I had all the music on my music list for about one week...I just loved the whole experience.