
School starts on August 24th.
That really means I go back the week before (or sooner if I can get in the building).
I'm not sure I'm ready to have summer be over.
Yes, it is HOT and that part I won't miss, but not the kind of lazy, relaxing fun that only comes with carefree days and "hanging out" with friends and family.
I always create a big list of summer work projects
and sometimes I get some of the things done,
but more often than not the list just carries over.
(Will it really matter if the shed doesn't get cleaned right now?)
Anyway, I decided to make a new list of things I WANT to do.
Some of these things I have already accomplished (♥). Yeah!
My FUN Summer To Do List:
Sleep in.
♥Take a short road trip or vacation.
♥Sip icy lemonade
♥Go on a picnic.
♥Go to a Parade of Homes.
Go camping with my family. (It's planned!)
Build a fire in the back yard fire pit. (Maybe the skunk interfered!)
♥Eat fresh fruit and pick raspberries.
♥Play in the dirt (garden).
♥Run through the sprinklers.
♥Visit with old friends (Yes, I did go to my class reunion!)
♥Lie in the grass and hunt for cloud pictures.
♥Go on pretty hikes.
♥Read a novel.
♥Go to a parade (even if it is mostly tractors and horses).
♥Go to a fireworks show.
♥Have a barbecue.
Fly a kite.
Go swimming.
Attend a family reunion. (Soon.)
♥Play with my granddaughter.
♥Have a son's wedding and get a cute new daughter-in-law.
I guess my summer has been better than I thought!
The next few weeks will be busy if I get all my playing done.
I'll end with a picture of Maddie having a great summer on the beach in Oregon.
I hope you are having a fun summer, too!JoAnn
4 comments:
I just have had my 6 year old g. son over for night and I think we did almost all those things on your to do list. I love all those things..
We will be spending our last week in Aug. camping with the little ones.
Keep enjoying the summer.
I prefer writing about my life rather than blogging on my travels, but it's for my own use some day...so I will slug away at it...
Sounds like a fun summer to me! Lots and lots of time with family and friends... no time to do those projects that could be getting done. That's my kind of summer!
Sounds like your summer has been successful! Can you believe that school starts so soon? I really thought it was so far away, and now it is right around the corner! I am going to have to live in my classroom for the next few weeks! (any pointers for me?)
Sounds like you have had a BUSY fun summer, even if you're not quite ready for it to end yet. :) I hear the play that you went to was really great! I'm glad that you got to enjoy it.
Post a Comment