Guess who my husband met this morning as he went out to feed the fish in the pond?(The fish probably love him- in his startled reaction he gave them an extra dose of food.)
Standing at the top of the water fall was a cousin of this big guy.
Do you think we will be able to coexist this summer?
Will it matter that I was here first?
Does he have relatives?
Help!!!
4 comments:
OH MY WORD....We have one living in our shed right now. We tried flushing it out by throwing fire crackers in the shed. We don't think it bothered him at all.
Good luck. Sandra
Wow! That would be a bit of a surprise! Do you have a lot of skunks in your area? I know that my Grandma, who used to live not too far from you, had a family of skunks that lived under their house. I don't know what you do with them... especially now that you're sharing your yard with them!
Can you call animal control? That's what I would try to do.
I just found something called "Critter Ridder" in Home Depot. It is granules made of black pepper oil and red pepper and some other stuff that you sprinkle (there is a spray too) and so far it has kept our cat from coming near our front door and window well where she has caused some trouble. It is pretty humane too, so it wouldn't really hurt the skunk. You'd just sprinkle it around the perimeter of your yard. (Once you're sure the skunk is out!)
Post a Comment