Monday, December 7, 2009

A Christmas home tour.....

(Click on picture to make larger)
My sister has one of those perfect Christmas houses.
Last night I took some photos of her decorating (as I was nibbling on her assorted candy and nut dishes) and thought I would share her ideas.



This is the view as you enter her house. Makes you want to see more, right?

Her fireplace sits ready for a cozy fire.

This tree is beautiful.


The table is all ready for company.
I love the cranberries and artichokes.


She made this chandelier from an old base she got at a thrift store, after she painted it black. She added the tassels, lamp shades, ribbons, and berries. Cute, isn't it?


Wouldn't you love to curl up in this comfy corner?
(I think we forgot to push the cushions back after we sat a while.)


Even the play house is ready for the holidays!

Thanks, Linda, for letting us have a peek into your holiday home!


JoAnn

I linked to Mary's Little Red House Mosaic Monday. There are a lot of amazing mosaics there!

10 comments:

linda said...

Thanks Jo! That was fun for me to see my rooms. I can also see now what wasn't done when we took the pictures.(I'm headed to the couch to fix the cushion.)Right after I pass the M&M dish!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love it. Linda really does know how to decorate. Everything looks so beautiful. I wish I had her skills. I also really like your photography skills too. You really are getting more artistic as time goes on.

Marg said...

I'm feeling like Christmas is in the air. It's so much fun getting ready and adding all those little fine touches that some of us love to notice. I can't wait to see a tour of your home.

The Razon's said...

I love my "old" home! It was always such a warm, cozy, comfortable place to be! My mom does it like a pro!! Thanks for showing it off for her!

Anonymous said...

Does Linda hire out? Not only do I not have the talent to decorate so beautifully, but I run out of energy and time. Please tell her we'd love to have her come visit us in the Northwest.

Your house always looks beautiful also. It seems like the decorating gene must run in families.
Marcia

bBchronicles said...

WOW! That puts me to absolute SHAME!!!! SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Nice photos, BTW!

Anonymous said...

I love all the Christmas decorations. I hope we get a chance to come see them in person before the holidays are over.

Katie C.

Carol said...

Beautiful home! I loved peeking in!

Beth at Aunties said...

I love her home and you are right it is filled with warmth and Christmas cheer. Also a fine eye for design and decorating!
I loved the idea of using a artichoke as a candle holder with the cranberries. I might borrow that idea!
Also I glanced through your posts ( We have been so busy with dad, I haven't had a lot of spare time)and your own tree is so inviting and the memories are what makes Christmas the best!
Such a sweet picture of Great grandparents and new baby.
I hope you enjoy the Christmas holidays and make new cherished memories!
~♥

Holly said...

What a beautiful home! Thank you so much. Now, how about a little photo tour of your home? I'd do mine but it's full of snowboots, stray gloves and fingerprints (as I suppose it should be right now).