Wednesday, February 24, 2010



I just discovered this book today by Andrew Clements and I love it!

It made me laugh.

It is a cute story about word warps.
The whole book is a crazy mix of phrases like "jibber jabber", "zig-zag",
"helter-skelter" and "nit-wit".

And.....

The art is incredible.
(It is illustrated by Salvatore Murdocca.)
Click here to view a few pages of the delightful school classroom,
zany teacher (Why won't my hair do that?), and fun characters.
(After the page opens, click on the arrows to see a few pages. Don't stop until you see the teacher! (Teachers have their own rules of fashion!)

You can order the book here.
(No, I'm not on their payroll!)

Reading good children's literature is
instant medicine for a dreary day!

(Besides, you can finish a book in one sitting!)

What are your favorite children books?


JoAnn

P.S. My daughter Liz made me the cute blog button on my side bar. It you want one on your blog you can copy the code under the picture and put in on your blog. It makes a quick link.
Thanks, Liz!

4 comments:

Marg said...

Oh to read a good story. That looks like the kind I need to read and pass it along to my Teacher Daughter. It's so good to share that kind of humor with others teachers, as they truly understand.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I haven't read that book before but it looks cute. I was trying to remember what other books Andrew Clements writes... the only one that comes to mind is Frindle. hmmm. ow well.

Lacey said...

Wow, I've never even heard of that book! And here I was thinking I was pretty familiar with Andrew Clements books... thanks for the good suggestion!

Small House said...

I agree with your about childrens literature!! I'd purchase that book for the cover alone!! It sounds like a fun book to have sitting on your coffee table. Something to pick up and make you smile.
sandra