I thought I'd start off my blog today with these pictures of Maddie and Fanny Agnes, a delightful character in one of my favorite children books, "Fanny's Dream"(written by Mark and Caralyn Buehner-the authors of "Snowmen at Night").
Liz sent me the pictures last night and I had to stop and chuckle a bit. In the story Fanny is so excited about going to a real ball that she accidentally picks the carrots and leaves the weeds (she is a hard working farm girl). Maddie is such a tease that she stopped "mid-reading" of the book to strike this pose. I tend to get involved in the books I read, too, so it warmed my heart to share this love with Maddie.
Way to go, Maddie!
Here is some great advice about jumping in and enjoying the moment:
"Waiting for the fish to bite,
or waiting for wind to fly a kite,
Or waiting around for Friday night,
or perhaps for their Uncle Jake,
or a pot to boil,
or a better break,
or a string of pearls,
or a pair of pants,
or a wig with curls,
or another chance.
Everyone is just waiting."
Dr. Seuss
♥
JoAnn
P.S. No, you are not losing your mind! I totally changed this post.
6 comments:
I think that kids catch so many of those fun little things (like that picture) that many, if not most, adults miss completely. She is such a ham and we love her!
I love it. And I knew you would appreciate those pictures. She is definitely her grandma's girl.
Darling!
"Serendipity!" go Maddie!!!!!
Test.....
That is too real. You really get to see that little gal through your own eyes..How sweet.
Post a Comment