
(click to enlarge)In my quest to experience some fresh air, marvel at the beauty of nature, and experience "life" up close, I set out today with my family to a place called Wheeler Farm.
(Click to read more about the historic farm.)
(Yes, my family did question my sanity when I dragged them along. The temperature today was about 38 degrees F, but they were good sports!)

We had a fun time eating our picnic lunch (thanks Subway), walking around looking at the farm, and enjoying being together.
It was a chilly day, but the animals seemed to welcome some company and a few other people were there, too, proving that we are not the only restless souls on the planet.
It was a good day!
♥
JoAnn
P.S. Although picnics do not need warm, sunny weather,
it was a little challenging eating with gloves on!
It's Mosaic Monday. Check out some great mosaics on The Little Red House.
18 comments:
We were going to go there today, but decided it would be to cold for Laryssa. I really want to take her because she LOVES animals and goes crazy whenever she sees one. Hopefully the weather will warm up soon so we can go!
It was a fun day today. Even if it was a little bit cold. Thanks for bringing us along and for making me spend $300! Love ya.
Today would have been perfect if there hadn't been such a cold wind. My Eskimo coat did help keep me warm. I hope this trip will satisfy you until spring!
Katie C.
Sounds like a wonderful day! My kind a day!!~ Happy Monday!~
Looks like a great day! Enjoyed your post!
What a fun day you had, enjoyed your photos.
Looks like everyone had a good time even out in the cold.
I tried to gather my little ones, (mother hen) to a party to celebrate the hockey between, Canada and USA...that was not their kind of party, so I have to reschedule so we can play Mexican Train.
Whatever it takes, we try to bring them all together.
Is that you in the bottom photo? I'm always trying to figure out what you look like....
I am in the second to bottom row of the mosaic. I pretty much look like my 3rd grade photo, except older and fatter (and more wrinkled).
Looks like a great place for a photo shoot, you got some fun pictures. . .Subway isn't so bad either!
Looks cold, but it also looks like a great place to visit. Thanks for the link. Fun times even when cold!
Lovely mosaics! I enjoy visiting farms as my grandmother had a small one in Pennsylvania, when I was a child, and so many memories come back to me.
Happy MM!
We have a historic farm in our area and we love going to visit. Your mosaic cronicles a lovely visit :)
Blessings!
Gail
Since I went on a 45 degree picnic on Friday, I completely understand.
Hi there you asked me about the comment button...I believe I copied and pasted that from the cutest blog on the block, look under buttons and her free stuff she has cute ones:) Thanks for popping over:)
Sometimes you just need to get outside, even when temps are a bit frigid... :) Lovely photos -- thanks for sharing at MM> :)
I LOVE the feel of your mosaic - FAMILY, FUN, and COLD weather - makes for WARM HEARTS !!!! HAHA! I've heard of this farm! Thanks so much for always dropping by for a visit - I love having you! Wonderful photos - wonderful!
Looks like a great place to meet up with family, even if it was bit cold. Love the cute little pink piggy!
Post a Comment