Saturday, April 24, 2010

Broccoli Pasta Salad.....Yum!


One of my favorite (non-diet) salads is
Broccoli Pasta Salad.

(I think you could substitute the mayo with a low fat version, but I haven't tried it.)

This recipe makes a HUGE salad, but it could easily be cut in half.

Broccoli Pasta Salad
cut up 2 bunches of fresh broccoli into bite sized florets
dice 1 medium red onion
cook 2 packages of pasta (I like the colorful curly noodles)
cook 1 package of bacon (break into small pieces)
Add optional ingredients like:
red grapes (sliced length-wise)
cashews
sun flower seeds
sliced mushrooms

Dressing:
2 cups mayonnaise
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar

Stir the dressing in the salad and refrigerate.
We usually don't add the bacon and nuts until we are ready to serve it.

It is a tasty treat and people always ask for the recipe.

Did you enjoy the sun today?
My tulips did.
It was great to do some yard work!

P.S. I couldn't resist posting this picture.
Isn't she cute?


JoAnn

8 comments:

julie said...

Mmmmmm, I'm hungry for some of your salad!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I LOVE that salad too! mmmm. sounds so yummy. I enjoyed working in my yard today too. I am just mighty tired and sore now.... ah the joys of having a huge yard!

linda said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe! I cant wait to go home and make it! PS I have tried a very similar salad with a low-fat and fat free mayo and it was awful. Maybe your would be better, who know!
Have a great day!

linda said...

oh so this is Melissa that posted above not linda... I am at her house and must have signed in under her. Sorry!

The real linda :) said...

That salad makes me want to have a party!! Is tomorrow too soon?!!

Beth at Aunties said...

YUmmo all the salads looked delish and perfect going into warmer weather! Thanks for the nummy recipe!
Your granddauighter is adorable.

Mimi Sue said...

She really is cute! I love brocolli and pasta and creamy dressings so I'll probably love this salad. I'm going to give it a try. Mimi

Marg said...

You have every right to post that shot. I'm going to pick up some fresh broccoli right now...
The rest I have.
Tulips are the best. Our first indication that seasons are changing.