Monday, April 26, 2010

It's here! Sigh.......


Every year I watch and wait and wonder.
When will the crab-apple tree blossoms peak?

I think yesterday was about the perfect day.
Isn't it beautiful?
(Yes, we will pay dearly come fall- when the crab apples cover the lawn!)

Maybe I should call in sick tomorrow- so I can just sit and stare at it!
Just kidding.....


Speaking of the lawn.......


With all the rain and a little spring fertilizer, our lawn has grown about 8 inches
in just one week!




If I did call in sick (cough, cough) which I won't, this is the view from my bedroom window.
Tempting, isn't it?

P.S. Tonight we went to Thanksgiving Point's Tulip Festival.
It was amazing.
Since it is already past my bed time, I will save the pictures for another day.

But, I think you will enjoy them.


JoAnn

"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day
he created Spring."

-Bern Williams


6 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love when the crab apple tree is in full bloom. Love those days. Too bad I probably won't even get to see it in person this year. Well maybe anyway...but it sure is beautiful. All of our trees have yet to get even any kind of life back on them.

linda said...

Love your post and I love the quote. Will I be to late to go next week to Thanksgiving Point? Hopefully tonights winds aren't ruining your tree!

bBchronicles said...

Ohhhhhhh I love your beautiful tree - something you wait for every year . . . I have a bush like that outside my window and I'm just waiting for the day!

Your SALADS make my mouth water at 11 pm ! ! ! They look so delicious and I'm loving the 'measuring the length of the lawn' photo!!!!!

Have a GREAT WEEK.

Marg said...

Take a day off...I totally agree and enjoy the blossoms. Too bad they loose their blossoms so quickly.
Great quote.

Marg said...

PS. Should I bring out my drive o JD lawn mower?

Lacey said...

I think that I would take up permanent residence in my bedroom if it had a view like your! Your yard is always so gorgeous in the spring, and I know you work hard to keep it that way. :)