If not,I hope you enjoy my ramblings!

Easter.....
"On a golden springtime,
Underneath the ground,
A tiny seedling lay asleep until the sun shone down.
Awake, awake, O little seed!
Push upward to the light!
The day is bright.With all our might,
Push upward to the light!
On a golden springtime,
Jesus Christ awoke and left the tomb where he had lain;
The bands of death he broke.
Awake, awake, O sleeping world!
Look upward to the light.
For now all men may live again.
Look upward to the light!"
-Virginia Maughan Kammeyer(music by Crawford Gates)
Underneath the ground,
A tiny seedling lay asleep until the sun shone down.
Awake, awake, O little seed!
Push upward to the light!
The day is bright.With all our might,
Push upward to the light!
On a golden springtime,
Jesus Christ awoke and left the tomb where he had lain;
The bands of death he broke.
Awake, awake, O sleeping world!
Look upward to the light.
For now all men may live again.
Look upward to the light!"
-Virginia Maughan Kammeyer(music by Crawford Gates)
Taken from Children's Songbook
It has been a very busy spring break.(But, busy in a good way.)
Our home has been full of family.
We have cooked, created, shopped, played, and listened to our religious leaders.
Despite the weather (yes, it looked more like Christmas) we have celebrated the season of
SPRING!
We enjoyed spending time with Maddie (wearing cousin Melissa's jewelry)

and Brooklyn (enjoying her fingers again)!
Everyone had fun decorating eggs!
(How many families can say they hold baby showers in the middle of an Easter party?)


Liz made these cute chocolate eggs.

Yes, it was a great holiday.
Tomorrow I think I'll enjoy doing absolutely nothing!
(One last day of vacation for me.)
♥
JoAnn
Tomorrow I think I'll enjoy doing absolutely nothing!
(One last day of vacation for me.)
♥
JoAnn
6 comments:
... or even better. How many families have a easter-baby-conference party. That still makes me giggle. It was a wonderful weekend and it was fun to see all of the cousins we don't see very often anymore. I'm glad we got to be a part of your spring break. What are you going to do if we end up moving away? All of a sudden you might have a few free weekends to do what YOU want. Love you.
If you move, my weekends will just involve a little travel time! It was fun being together.
I have to say that no one knows how to throw a party as well as your family does! Looks like you guys had a great time celebrating!
We have had showers at our cultural hall too. Our family is getting so huge that it's too overwhelming to put all of the cousins in someone's house!!
I'm officially jealous! I wish we could have been there. We miss you all! By the way, I totally don't think that was a long post at all :)
Every time I see a photo of Brooklyn, I can't get over how much I think she looks like Karl. I'm curious if you agree with me.
Post a Comment