Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Country roots.....

"I'm a little bit country....."
I grew up on a farm in Southern Idaho and you just can't take the country roots out of me.  
(However, I eagerly gave up the one root I had that involved smelly cows.)

Every Memorial Day holiday we like to go back "home", and that includes a little drive up to the hills north of Preston.  Cache Valley, which includes Logan on the Utah side and Preston on the Idaho side is a beautiful place.  It has a lot of rolling hills, lakes, small rivers, and beautiful farms.
Yes, it is the center of the universe!
(Sorry, to those of you who might have thought you lived in the center.)

If I ever come across a hefty inheritance, I would like to buy this white barn (and the hillside it is sitting on).
I think I could create a cozy place to live there, don't you think so, too?
Or, I could move in the cabin in the picture above it.  So charming!

It's even a beautiful place to rest in peace!

JoAnn

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Oh how I love Cache Valley! And oh how I am going to miss this place I call home :( Everytime I think about moving I get so sad because I don't want to leave this place. How ever am I going to survive? You might think I'm kidding... but i'm not.

julie said...

I still get that "ah, I'm home" feeling whenever we pull into the valley. Liz, we'll do our best to help you survive Idaho!

Marg said...

Keep dreaming about this place...You never know...how things may turn out for you sometime.
Country Roots...those are the best.