Friday, June 25, 2010

I want to be Pioneer Woman
(click to visit her blog)

She is funny.
She can cook.
  She even published a cook book.
She takes wonderful photographs.
She has an amazing blog.
She lives on a beautiful ranch.
She gets LOTS of comments.
She is funny.

She can write about simple, every day occurrences and make you laugh.
Her real name is Ree Drummond. She calls herself Pioneer Woman and sometimes even PW, for short.  She is married to Marlboro Man, a real cowboy, and they live on a beautiful ranch in Oklahoma.

If you have never been to her blog, you will find it entertaining and fun.  
The Confessions tab is my favorite part since she does her writing there, but of course her cooking section is quite tempting, too, and the photography folder has beautiful photos and tips to help you take your own great pictures. 

I've been thinking about what I could call myself.

How does "Farmer Girl" sound?
 (OK, I am not really a farmer.  Those days are past.)

How about "Hockey Mom"?


(Does anyone at our house really need to be a hockey player?  We do live near a hockey arena.)

Or....
I could be "Patty Pilot".  I've flown a few times (but only as a passenger).


What do you think about "Survival Sally"?  I'm sure I could give some good tips on coping with
motherly challenges, fashion flubs, or teacher stress.


I just don't know.

Somehow, just signing my blog with my simple name leaves me unsatisfied.
Help!

?

P.S.  I had a little too much fun with this link.
PhotoFunia

P.P.S.  I hope you don't mind that my photos are a little  dated.  I just couldn't find any current ones without double chins or wrinkles!

3 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

hahahahahah ok that's funny. I love your survival sally and your mini me. You are silly mom. You could call yourself the elite group or whatever it was you and your friends called yourselves in high school.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've visited Pioneer Woman many times early on. She is a very talented lady, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

You should be Busy Betty, Perfectionist Patty, or Journaling Joann (since you blog and keep our family newsletter going). I'm not feeling too creative right now.

Katie C.