Remember awhile ago when Holly (Mitchell Avenue Designs) gave away some of her cute cards on my blog?
Pat writes about her beautiful city of New York and gives information that most tourists probably don't know.
Wouldn't it be fun to have her as a tour guide?
She takes you to places like the Ukrainian Heritage village where you can experience the culture (and buy souvenirs) or Montauk Point Lighthouse and the Memory Motel. I have never been to New York, but if and when I do go, I'm going to reread all of her old posts before I go and be prepared to get off the beaten track.
(Hint to my husband- if you ever want to REALLY surprise me- New York would be a great vacation!)
Speaking of surprises...
this is the recliner my husband gets for Father's Day.
(He already knows about it since- it is already here!)
It was on a great sale at RC Willey Furniture and it took looks much better than our HUGE sofa couch did.
It looks like leather, but it is really microfiber. (The salesman promised me it will hold up!)
We haven't quite put the room back together yet, but I will show some pictures when we do.
Other news...
(photo from Jason Olson- Deseret News)
Check out this newspaper article in the Deseret News about Steve Nelson (our brother-in-law).
He has spent hours and hours helping restore a pioneer village in Provo, Utah.
It is nice that he is getting some recognition for all of his hard work.
Way to go Honorary Mayor Nelson!
Also...
Still no grand baby!
(photo from Jason Olson- Deseret News)
Check out this newspaper article in the Deseret News about Steve Nelson (our brother-in-law).
He has spent hours and hours helping restore a pioneer village in Provo, Utah.
It is nice that he is getting some recognition for all of his hard work.
Way to go Honorary Mayor Nelson!
Also...
Still no grand baby!
♥
JoAnn

3 comments:
I will have to check out the article and then the village. I had to smile because we have needed the same butter action in moving my sister into her townhouse! Removing doors,hinges and windows to move her monster couch in. I am glad we have a entrance in our basement to move things her. Her big armoires still need to be moved out.
Your floor is going to be sooo nice!
Good luck with your baby! We are hoping for a healthy one too very soon...hopefully after my sister's wedding!
That's neat about Holly. And I just have to say, that picture of Uncle Steve looks like a professional modeling picture! Man, what a heart throb. :) I can't wait to see your new den. Oh and a funny side note. I just opened my blogger dashboard and I had two blog posts in a row called "Random thoughts". Weird.
I hope you do get a chance to visit NYC someday!
Post a Comment