Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where's the butter?

Our little home improvement project
Remember the surprise boxes coming from Home Depot?  Well, they have caused a little chaos at our house.  Why is it that a simple idea usually leads to a TON of work?

Our little project was to take out the carpet in our office/den and replace it with some hard wood flooring.
Well, it wasn't quite that simple.


First, we had to sort out all the wood.  (Of course it had to be done in the living room!)
Then my husband had to install the new floor.


With all the furniture out of the room it felt so large and airy that we decided that the HUGE sofa bed needed to find a new location in our house.
The sofa downstairs was in need of retirement so that was the chosen spot.
(Thanks for the camera picture, Andrew.)
After turning it every possible angle, removing doors from hinges, holding our breath, and PUSHING, it just wouldn't budge around the corner. Would a little butter help it squeeze through?
(Sofa beds only weigh 5 million pounds, too.)
No problem, we untwisted it and hauled it back up the stairs to rethink the possible solutions.
 My husband decided to take the basement window out and put it through that opening.
About this time I had to leave...I'm not good at seeing all my flowers trampled or my house being disassembled.

Well...
(Drum roll please....)
It worked! 
Thanks, Ken, Katie, Andrew, and Irene for helping!

To be continued.....
JoAnn


4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I want see this new chair. Not fair to not give me a picture of the couch downstairs or your knew couch.

Kelli said...

How fun! I can't wait to see more!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi JoAnn!

I fianlly had the opportunity to fiannly thank you on my blog for the beautiful cards I won on your give away..sorry it took me forever! I love the cards so much!

Your home improvement project looks intriguing..can't wait to see more!

Irene said...

I'm so glad we have a picture of that sofa in the hallway. I was hoping all the laughing I did that day would have put me into labor. It really was funny.