Thursday, July 8, 2010

More projects...

We've been busy!
(At least my husband has.  Well, I have too, but who wants to see my cleaning jobs!)
Another project we just finished was our office.  We put in wood floors and moved the HUGE sofa sleeper couch downstairs.  The balance in the room is much better now and the new chair is a great place to read or take a nap.  The paint color isn't quite right, but we will live with it for now since it is pretty new, and we have plenty of rooms that need painting more.



Yesterday we found geraniums at Shopko for 27 cents.
They are a little droopy, but should come around. 
I used them to fill in all the flowers that I have "killed".
Hopefully, they will soon look like these.

(photo from Google.com)
And not like the ones I had to dig up, like these.

(photo from Google.com)

Now I am looking forward to some lazy summer days.
In fact, I think I hear some lemonade calling my name!


Do you think anyone will notice if I don't finish cleaning my bedroom closet?
Do we really need the bed uncovered?
JoAnn

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

You make me laugh mom. I love your den. That chair made a big difference. Beautiful!

Lacey said...

The den looks awesome! I love it! And no, I say your closet can wait as long as you need it to... nobody sees that one but you! ;)

Marg said...

I'd like to come by about now and sip on that lemonade in your new den. The color looks great...but then you should see me struggling right now as I'm trying to find the right trim for the outside of my house.
There's always another project.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your den loks great! I love wood floors.

27 cent gernaniums sound good to me! Just dead head them and they will grow new flowers.

monica said...

Looks great!