Last night we got to honor my husband's parents.
They have been married for SEVENTY years!
We had a wonderful evening at The Roof restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City, along with his parents, siblings, and their spouses. (Click on their site and take a virtual tour.) The restaurant is located on the tenth floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and has a bird's eye view of the temple, Capitol Building, and the gardens below.
The view is incredible.
(The food is amazing, too!)
(Photo from the link above)
Afterwards, the grandchildren met up with us at their home for cake and ice cream.
Afterwards, the grandchildren met up with us at their home for cake and ice cream.
There aren't too many people who get to spend that many years together,
and we are so proud to call them our parents!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
♥
JoAnn

3 comments:
The Roof is wonderful! Congratulations to beautiful couple. They are lucky indeed to still be here on earth together. What a great celebration:)
I just read your post before and I think you raised a wonderful and generous army of good people. I bet your aunt could hardly contain her joy. It looked great.~♥
I can't believe they have really been married that long. What a wonderful example of what marriage really should be. I'm sad we had to miss out on the fun.
Congrats to them! 70 years together is such a monumental achievement!!! I'm so glad they got to celebrate with family and loved ones... they're such wonderful people. :)
Post a Comment