We were invited to join together with some "old" friends on
Labor Day.
Yes, we are all getting OLDER, but our friendship also goes way back to when our children were growing up. If you do the math- that adds up to many years of friendship.
About half of the group have moved away and we don't get to see them very often, but we've found that good friends can just pick up where they left off.
We were greeted by this lovely table setting at our friends Peggy and Larry's cute house.
Their home was all decked out for fall.
We enjoyed a delicious dinner, catching up on family news, laughing, and even a little banjo music.
When can we do it again?
(Thanks, Peggy and Larry, for organizing and hosting!)
"It takes a long time to grow an old friend."
- by John Leonard
- by John Leonard
♥
JoAnn



4 comments:
I don't even know some of those people... hmmm. Haha, Maddie just sat up and saw your blog and got all excited and said "ah, that's Grandma Jo. I love Grandma Jo. I love her." Just thought you ought to know she loves you :)
Looked fun. Great friends are the best! I am going to take the time to get out my fall things. I just needed to be inspired.
Awww, so fun to see some of the faces I grew up with. Love you all.
Sounds like such a wonderful time. I loved the table scape..so fun and colorful. I'm recognizing more and more the importance of those friendships that go way back....and way back..just letting our hair down and being yourself...how special.
Post a Comment