Monday, September 13, 2010

Peach Days and an 87th birthday party....



























Saturday was a great fall day!
It was one of those times when we abandoned our Saturday "To-Do" list (Yeah!) and took off with some of the family to celebrate the 87th birthday of someone we all love.

Along the way we got to appreciate nature's harvest.
We stopped at our favorite fruit stand along highway 89, right across from the Maddox restaurant.
(Brigham City was having its Peach Days, but we didn't go into town- not enough time-darn.)

Don't you just love to see all the colorful produce?


























Of course we had to buy some peaches, nectarines, plums, and green beans!





















































I wish my petunias looked this healthy!


























We met up with some of our extended family at the famous Bluebird Restaurant in Logan.






















(Riddle:  How many differences can you spot in these two photos?)




(You might not be able to find an 87 year old woman in these pictures-
                                                 she's in the middle.  Doesn't she look great?)
Happy Birthday, Mardene!

JoAnn

6 comments:

Kelli said...

That produce looks delish! Mmmm mmmm. I wish we could have been there to celebrate Mardene's birthday with all of you. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I love getting together with all the family. It's too bad it was such a short trip. It was great to surprise Mardene at the restaurant. She definitely looks like a "young" 87 year old!

Katie C.

julie said...

Sure wish we could have been there, too! I was helping Konda with her daughters wedding. We all sure love Mardene!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I'm with Julie. I sure wish we could have been there. I also am sad I missed the fruit stands. My favorite!

Marg said...

I remember Highway 89. and of course the city of Brigham...It's so beautiful and quaint...We stayed there for night and lavishly enjoyed the fruit stands....In fact the photo on my template is a hay field that was being harvested right across the road from KOA..
Sounds like you had a great birthday party...with family once again.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wonderful photos of fall bounty!

87? I would have never guessed your Mardene was that age!