Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TV or not TV? That is the question....

Did you watch "NCIS" tonight?
It was the season opener and was pretty intense.

 (photo from Google.com)

We love that show.

(Don't you wish you could hang out with Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, McGee, Ducky, and Abby?)

Last night
I missed "Dancing With The Stars".
(I was outside working in the yard and forgot all about it.)

 (Photo from Google.com)

I'm OK with waiting until closer to the end of the season to get hooked, although I didn't even get to see David Hasselhoff dance once.  (Should I really feel bad?)

Do you have any television shows that you like?
Think about how shows from the past have impacted your life.

(Photo from Google.com)
 
Some of my TV memories include:
Being in LOVE with Ricky Nelson on "Ozzie and Harriet".
Wondering what mischief Beaver Clever might get in each week (and finding Eddie Haskell so offensive).
Hoping Gilligan and the rest of the crew would get rescued.
Saying "Good night John Boy".
Enjoying the honesty of Opie, the awkwardness of Barnie Fife, and the wisdom of Sheriff Taylor.
Marveling that Perry Mason could convince EVERY guilty person to confess just before the show ended.
Envying the closeness of the medical corp on MASH.
Laughing (sometimes so hard I'd be crying) at the messes Lucy and Ethel got tangled in.

Did all that television watching make me a better person?
Probably not.

Did I enjoy it?
YES! 

JoAnn 

5 comments:

Linda said...

I remember my saturday night ritual of washing my hair and rinsing it in lemon water, eating an orange and watching Andy Williams while mom put in ringlets. (He was my first crush on an older man:) Kinda crazy to be in ringlets and have a crush all in the same sentence.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha I love Linda's comment. I too like TV... even if it is just for the background noise. The only show I really watch and like to watch every week is Psych. Most others shows I might like but am not a religious watcher. Well I guess other than Word World or Cauillou or whatever show Maddie is really into at the moment.

Lacey said...

We used to be big into different TV series', but just have gotten busy with other things these days. We were still excited for the Chuck premier this week, though sadly (like so many other shows) it just keeps getting dirtier and dirtier, so I'm not sure it'll be a keeper much longer. We do enjoy Psych and Warehouse 13 though, and checking Eureka and Alias out from the library. And every now and then I'll get dragged in and become obsessed with a season of American Idol. :) Sad confession: the most obsessed I've ever been with a TV series was Battlestar Gallactica... Loved it! :)

Michelle said...

I think its funny how Katie and I always have to call to discuss favorite shows after they air. What did we think of it? What was our best part, etc.? I guess you could say it's sort of a family bonding thing. It's funny you bring up NCIS because I had to ask dad last night about the last scene. I wasn't sure what it meant and thought I might have missed something (he's always more observant).

Marg said...

Oh yes, memories of Lucy and Mash...Yes John Boy was there...I loved it..
Tonight I watched Dragon Den...but I'm looking for something more relaxing..to be honest I can't wait till the NBA series starts..Utah Jazz...against Phoenix Suns.