Happy 92nd Birthday!
(Well, last Sunday....)
Our sweet mother/mother-in-law/grandma just turned 92!
What do you get for someone who doesn't want any gifts?
Silly gifts, of course!
I guess everyone had the same idea. Do you notice the DOUBLE CROWNS?
She was "Queen for a Day", although she really is a queen in our family.
Our menu included favorite dishes that she used to cook for the family, although none of us could quite duplicate them. I was supposed to make a cake with 7 minute frosting. After TWO attempts I finally cheated and made my own version of Fluffy Frosting. (I don't even own a candy thermometer!)
How did she do it all?
We had a great time. I was a bit lazy about taking pictures (sorry, everyone), but here is one.
♥
JoAnn


2 comments:
Happy birthday to your Mother, Mother-in-law and grandmother! Living 92 years is quite an accomplishment. I am glad she was treated like "Queen for a Day"! She looks so happy in this photo.
I love that picture of grandma. She is so silly. I'm glad she seemed to enjoy her gifts.
Post a Comment