On Thanksgiving day
we gathered together with people in such diverse places as
Morgantown, West Virginia;
Idaho Falls, Idaho;
Preston, Idaho;
and Fruit Heights, Utah
to remember and honor Shane Mitchell.
His family had a tradition of running a 5 k Turkey Trot race every Thanksgiving and they decided to rename it and dedicate it to Shane's memory. Many different groups of family and friends held races in other locations as a support. It was a freezing cold day in the West, but we all enjoyed ourselves.
(O.K. confession time- our group walked indoors! That still counts, doesn't it?)
It was a good way to start a day of "thanks giving"!
Holly and Preston
♥JoAnn
P.S. Do you think that the physical activity balanced out all the Thanksgiving food we ate?
Thanks, everyone, for sharing your pictures!




5 comments:
That is so neat. I am sad I wasn't able to join in. But I was thinking about him (and everyone else) as well. We still think about you all the time Shane, we love and miss you so much!
It was so much fun, even if we did "waddle" instead of "trot".
I'm so glad we are all able to join together (even though so many miles apart) in the memorial run! Thanks everyone!
We had a great time while honoring Shane. Maybe next year I will be able to do more running and less walking!
Katie C.
Good on you...what a wonderful family tradition and what a tribute to Shane.
Post a Comment