I am always restless this time of year as I wait for warm
weather. It’s hard to be patient as I long for color in the flower beds and along the fences. Over the years we’ve had some great flowers-a few quite by accident and others for just one year. We’ve also had some that floundered and barely survived.
These pretties were from a package of wild flower seeds.
The next year only some of the different kinds of flowers came back. If you really want variety, I guess you need to plant new seeds every year.
These flowers above (I think they are sedums-I’m not sure?) are pretty, but can easily take over the whole yard. We have to really cut them back, but they do bloom for most of the summer.
Who doesn’t love tulips?
This ground cover (Could it be flox?) is really nice, but dries up when the summer heat arrives.
As you can see, I am not an expert on the variety of flowers I plant. (Many were given to me as starts.)
I don’t always get the look I want.
Sometimes, even the best nurturing and good intentions can’t compete with shade, snails, insects, and heat,
but I sure can’t wait to see what surprises this year’s gardens will hold!
Bring it on!
JoAnn
7 comments:
I'm with you, I can't wait for warm weather so we can get some flowers going in the yard. Although I do still have that little yellow flower that has been there all winter!
I always love your garden. No matter what the weather, you make it beautiful.
And I was just thinking what a beautiful variety you had! You're yard is always so, so beautiful through the warm weather months... it obviously gets lots of love and attention, and I think it pays off! I hope your "itchy fingers" get a chance to start working soon! :)
I love all the bright flowers in the yard! You will definitely have to help us plant some beautiful flowers in our new backyard. I didn't inherit your green thumb so I hope I can keep them alive!
Katie C.
I'm ready for some color in our garden. Restless is exactly how I'm feeling. Mimi
We had some snow today! Spring is taking its time.
Thank you for your congratulations on our new grandson -- we are so thrilled with the new addition to our family!
I love the natural look of your flowering bedplants. I don't blame you for having itchy fingers...I think we all do by now.
Only I'm hoping that those were last year's photos...otherwise you have me envy with jealous because you have another snow day....Way to go and just enjoy catching up with those inside projects.
Post a Comment