Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love…will it last?

Last night I watched the television show
“The Bachelor”.
I haven’t watched the show at all this season, but curiosity got the better of me last night.
I just wanted to see who was chosen.
O.K., those promotion ads lured me in!  I’m a sucker for a good sales pitch.  (Keep me away from those infomercials!)
I must admit,
I have a hard time watching someone be so passionate about so many different women all at the same time-and expecting it to mean something.
(Apparently, so did the girl who was chosen.)
I also felt so much empathy for the girl who thought she was going to be chosen, but wasn’t.  

For me,
real love means :
friendship
respect
trust
patience
caring
sacrifice
service
loyalty
and waiting

Can you get those things while dating so many women at the same time and with the whole world watching?
I think it would be very hard.

My parents knew what real love was.
This picture was taken just before my dad left for the army during World War Two. 
Gma and Gpa kissing
Now they knew what LOVE was!
JoAnn

P.S.  I do think that the scenery in South Africa (on the show) was spectacular!
I’m putting in on my Bucket List.

P.P.S.  I was going to post our recipe for Cauliflower Soup tonight, but when I got home from work I found someone had finished it all off and I didn't get any pictures!
Guess I'll wait until the next time we make some.

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I love that picture of Grandma and Grandpa. Once again, another example of what wonderful people they were and the legacy they left behind for us to follow. I too have a hard time believing real love could come from dating so many people at one time... I'm glad that's not the way we do it.

Lacey said...

What a fabulous picture!!! I'm sure that one is a family treasure. I don't let myself watch The Bachelor-- I'm afraid of getting sucked in!-- but agree with you on every point. It would be very hard not to have a superficial relationship with someone on reality TV, much less 25 someones!

Irene said...

I love that picture of your parents. Real life love stories are much better than TV any day!

julie said...

Mom and Dad were great examples in so many ways. I love the "kissing" pictures that we have of them!

Marg said...

OH, I agree with you 100 percent. I too, have watched only the last couple of weeks, and I wonder all about the same stuff..how can a different girl take the keys and sleep with Brad? YIKES! That is nauseating...and now it looks like it has become the talk of the town.
I love your summary of love and am so happy that I have been shown true love from my parents and hopefully our children can say the same of us.