Saturday, March 26, 2011

Meet Reese….

Last night we got to meet a beautiful little princess named
Naomi Reese.
(She really is a princess to her three older brothers.)
ReeseReese 2
She and her mom Monica were here visiting from Washington D.C.

cropped K
That’s Monica on the left and Katie on the right.
They were laughing about the year they got matching pajamas from Grandma and Grandpa and had so much fun being goofy as they spent the week together.
Little Reese will soon be the youngest baby to ever
be fit with hearing aids.
She was born with profound hearing loss.
She inherited the hearing aids from her brother Alexander, who now has cochlear implants.
image
(Monica, I hope you don’t mind I copied this picture!)
While it is always heartbreaking to have a child with health problems, Alexander is one amazing little guy. 
He has perfect speech, wonderful understanding, and an amazing vocabulary.
His family has spent many hours working with him, taking him to therapy, and watching him undergo several operations. 
Now they get to do it again with Reese.

cropped 2
Here is a picture with some of the other cousins.
(Irene, Andrew, Joshua, Mindy, Cara, Monica, Bransley, Katie, Carley, and Michelle)
cropped R
Robbie and Joshua

image
Here is Grandma holding the third little great granddaughter to be named after her. 
Sometimes life sends us on little detours,
but we gain strength and character as we plod along.

“I never said it would be easy.  I only promised it would be worth it.”   -unknown
JoAnn

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

What a beautiful baby! I'm sad we had to miss the big event. Any chance to see our cousins is always fun... timing was just not in our favor though.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

God bless Naomi Reese and her family. I have a great niece who was born deaf and she has been doing wonderfully with her hearing aids.