This morning we awoke to a new, heavy coating of snow all over the lawns, driveways, sidewalks, and cars.
I’m tired of winter,
BUT it was very pretty to see the clean white fluffy snow.
Utah is a desert, and snow and rain in the winter mean healthy crops in the summer
(and green lawns, pretty flowers, and happy gardeners).
Some years we have a shortage of moisture and other years we have water to spare…..
These pictures were taken a few years ago in Southern Idaho. The ducks are actually swimming on a baseball field. The water wasn’t too deep, but it didn’t have anywhere to drain.
We had gone to celebrate Easter with family.
(We had an indoor party that year!)
Sometimes the weather can be an inconvenience, but I will gladly put up with the winter storms to have water to give life to our gardens in the summer.
Now….isn’t it about time for SPRING?
JoAnn
5 comments:
I read your title and thought you'd had a flood! I'm glad you were just talking about the weather. I am ready for winter to be over, but I have to admit, a morning with fresh snow really is beautiful.
I'm with Irene. I thought you had another flood too! I also am ready for spring but don't usually find myself complaining about the snow because it is so beautiful! I would much rather have beautiful white snow then dead brown grass and trees.
Our area of the country has seen some flooding form all the rain and more is expected the next two days which will swell rivers even more in New Jersey and Connecticut. It does seem that we are in a "wet" cycle all over the world! Hope it warms up soon!
I always associated Spring with standing water and mud puddles because of the high water table. (So it had never been one of my favorite seasons- I was just waiting for summer.) I imagine we will see some more flooded fields this year. It made for some pretty pictures though!!!
What gorgeous images of the changing seasons.
Post a Comment