Saturday, April 30, 2011

Changes galore….crazy weather...and a grammar lesson

Spring or winter?
Hot or cold?
So what do I wear today?
If I leave for school in a fuzzy warm sweater, by noon I am hot and sweaty.  Yesterday, I headed out without a jacket, only to have a hail storm arrive just as I got to school.
This morning we woke up to 5 inches of fluffy new snow.
In one or two more days our crab apple tree should be ready to reach its peak. 
(I hope we will get to enjoy it!)
It is all a little confusing! 

cropped
This crazy weather will also affect those in the path of the devastating tornadoes.
Our prayers are with all those who have suffered and lost so much.
JoAnn
P.S.  Please be nice, Mother Nature!


P. P.S. I found this great web site to help with those grammar doubts (affect? effect?).
Sometimes it is hard to remember the rules. 

                                                   


6 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

That picture is beautiful with the snow and blossoms but I do agree... it would be nice to have some spring weather before summer hits us full force. How did you get the reflection under the picture?

Andrew said...

This coming weekend will feel like summer, so enjoy Wednesday and Thursday as your spring.

When you use Windows Live Writer you get more effects for your pictures.

julie said...

Someone commented the other day that they heard our summer was going to fall on a weekend this year! Gotta love Idaho....

The Gathering Place said...

As Andrew said, the reflection effect on the picture came as an option on Windows Live Writer. I discovered it quite by accident, but liked the "effect".

Mimi Sue said...

Lovely day today finally! I'm easily confused lately too. Mimi

Linida said...

Love the pictures. At least you aren't missing anything while you are in school. ( An Occasional ray of sun and several fast moving storms) But summer is waiting for you. You will be done with school just in time to plant a garden and tend it:)