Remember when being “sent to the corner” meant time out or punishment for bad behavior?
(Image from Google)
(Does that statement make me sound old?)
Tonight, that was where all the grandkids ended up.
However,
they weren’t in trouble-
they went there of their own free will.
Some of us went on a shopping trip to Home Goods and while we
were gone the kids were playing quietly in the corner
(with all the toys dumped out).
No running around.
No arguments.
Pure contentment.
It was magical!
Maybe corners were NOT meant for punishment.
JoAnn
4 comments:
I'm kind of sad I missed it, Brooklyn NEVER sits still that long... ah they joy of peace and quiet.
You know what I was just thinking? I think that McDonalds is about 20 years old! It's weird to think a toy that was given to me can be that old...
such cute kids! clean up time- cut in half!
That is so cute...yes, I remember being punished and standing in the corner. Yes that defines our age.
Looks like the grands had the time of their lives.
Mine are still playing and it's past 10:35 but it's Saturday tomorrow.
Post a Comment